8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher Training
Getting hazardous materials from point A to point B is a lot harder than it sounds. Simply transporting or storing hazardous waste (or other chemicals) requires a specific type of training by the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) called Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response, or HAZWOPER for short. Upon receiving your HAZWOPER certification, refresher training may be necessary.
HAZWOPER training is required by the OSHA for any worker – including forklift drivers – involved in the transport, storage or handling of hazardous materials. This activity varies in terms of worker involvement. For example, clean-up operations require more in-depth instruction than other tasks.
Just some of the worksites that may require HAZWOPER training (including the 8 hour HAZWOPER refresher test, which we’ll review in a minute) include:
- Chemical processing plants. This category includes both plants and storage facilities. If your employees need updated training, HAZWOPER refresher training is a great idea. Although chemical plant and chemical storage warehouses don’t involve heavy-duty cleanup activities, HAZWOPER training is still a necessity.
- Construction sites. Some building areas require the presence of hazardous materials, and these type of worksites need forklift drivers, industrial powered truck operators and other employees that have the latest HAZWOPER requirements.
- Retail facilities. Big-box stores, outlets and other facilities typically keep chemicals on hand for cleanup, waste management and other activities. If your forklift drivers are involved with hazardous waste transport or storage, HAZWOPER training and refresher courses are mandatory.
- Industrial clean-up sites. Whenever there is an industrial accident, natural disaster (including fires, floods, hurricanes, etc.) and other unconventional circumstances, a particular site may be deemed a controlled or uncontrolled hazardous waste operation. HAZWOPER training is mandatory for any forklift driver (or other worker) involved in a clean-up effort. An 8 hr HAZWOPER refresher training course can ensure that any training is up-to-date and valid.
Once your forklift drivers or other employees obtain their HAZWOPER training, OSHA demands regular refresher instruction. The 8 hour HAZWOPER refresher training is one of the most popular types of recertification.
The OSHA HAZWOPER 8 hour refresher course is ideal for any forklift driver or other worker that needs to maintain their HAZWOPER credentials. Plus, an 8 hour HAZWOPER refresher course can help any employee working toward their 24 hour or 40 hour HAZWOPER training certification.
The 8 hour HAZWOPER refresher test includes many key safety concepts, including the proper way to remove hazardous waste and protect against exposure to different hazardous materials. Our HAZWOPER refresher meets all the requirements laid out in OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120.
Call CertifyMe.net Today for 8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher Tests!
Our OSHA-compliant coursework ensures that all of your industrial powered truck operators receive on-point, accurate, easy-to-digest safety training. What’s more, our 8 hour HAZWOPER refresher course is compliant with the most recent OSHA legislation, so you don’t have to worry about “bridging the gap” between the last round of legislation and today’s changes to any OSHA laws.
This low-cost program can be completed anytime, anywhere!
Get Started Now By Registering Your Company For Free!
- FREE 3 Year Renewals
- Instant Access 24/7
- Print Your Proof of Training
- OSHA Accepted Nationwide
*If you are an individual not currently employed by a company use your personal name in
the 'Company Name' field.