4 Stupid Forklift Accidents: Laugh & Learn
Posted by: admin on March 18, 2014
Training can help you avoid forklift accidents. That’s what Certifyme.net is all about. Proper instruction goes a long way in preventing mishaps in the following videos. Here are four YouTube videos that show what NOT to do on a forklift:
- Overloading forklift weight limit. This video shows a forklift operator lifting 2,200
pounds of oxygen tanks. Clearly, the lift is only designed to carry 2,000 pounds max. This guy is lucky the tanks didn’t puncture! Never lift more than a lift is designed to carry.
- Driving an uneven forklift. This guy could’ve been seriously hurt. Lesson: Don’t attempt to drive a forklift without a proper ramp in place. And also, make sure you’re properly restrained. It looks like the driver might have a concussion, or at the very least a few scrapes and bruises.
- Stopping too suddenly. In this video, a driver slams on the brakes too hard, and his cargo slides off the forks onto the floor. Had someone been standing nearby, there would have been a serious accident. But look at the driver’s reaction at about 21 seconds in – that pretty much says it all!
- Not paying attention. Running into a support beam is not only bad for the forklift – it’s also bad for the building! This driver was clearly distracted, as he hit the beam TWICE! Imagine if that was a person instead of a metal column! This is a classic case of not paying attention.
Search the internet long enough, and all these forklift accidents prove one thing – accidents are not only funny, they’re also serious. The more serious accidents don’t end up on YouTube – they end up in the local newspaper’s obituary section. Stay safe with Certifyme.net. Our service is used by companies all across the United States, and you’ve probably heard of a few: Penske, U-Haul, Siemens and Harley-Davidson are just some that have benefitted from our training. We help firms stay OSHA compliant, and we’re also affordable.
We’d love to help you out. Contact us and get a quote, schedule a class (on your terms), or ask a question. Our contact page has a secure message portal, and we can also be reached at (888) 699-4800.
Thanks for reading our blog, and feel free to check out our other articles.
Welcome to CertifyMe.net
CertifyMe.net has offered online forklift certification since 1999. With Our Convenient online program. your employess can earn their certification in an hour or less.
Browse Online Certifications:
This low-cost program can be compeleted anytime, anywhere!
Get Started Now By Registering Your Company For Free!
- FREE 3 Year Renewals
- Instant Access 24/7
- Print Your Proof of Training
- OSHA Accepted Nationwide
*If you are an individual not currently employed by a company use your personal name in
the 'Company Name' field.